Poets Society

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Poetry Competition League. Will be discussing rules, contenders, divisions, and more.

2 posters

How Poems Communicate

Diasuken
    Diasuken

How Poems Communicate Empty How Poems Communicate

Post  Diasuken Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:29 am

I was thinking about the basic structure of how our poems communicate with each other and here's my thoughts:

1. Poems should not attack each other. I agree on the idea of uncensored creativity but this is not a rap battle in 8-Mile. Poems should express the topic or illustration given. Poem battles are a battle of pathos that evokes the reader, not the combatants.

2. Poems should be original. It's common sense. Of course, you can use allusions. But I think we can all agree that "roses are red and violets are blue" so we don't need to be told twice.

3. Don't use poems to spite people. Poems are beautiful and are about feelings but don't write a poem just to piss someone off.

4. No trolling. Guys, I love to troll but trolling will just cause bitch-fights.

5. Collaboration. If there are times to where you can collaborate please do; if it's a solo battle then that means solo is french for WRITE IT YOURSELF!

6. Poems should be different each time. Don't use the same poem twice, we have brains and I'm sure if you wrote a poem once you can do it again.

I think those rules would cover most of the conflicting problems that would arise. Tell me if one idea is bad or if there should be more.

By the wayskies, I just read this and it sounds a bit dickish. I'm trying to be funny with my statements a bit but I'm sorta bad at it so if I sound like a hardass I apologize. TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Convalesce
    Convalesce
    Admin

How Poems Communicate Empty Re: How Poems Communicate

Post  Convalesce Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Agree'd

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:50 am